"Personal Information" is information about You that is personally identifiable to You like Your name, address, e-mail address, or phone number.
The Personal Information PetroSight gathers from You helps us learn about our visitors and customers. We use this information to provide You with our products and services and the products and services of our carefully selected partners, to develop new products and services, to better tailor the features, performance and support of our products and services, and to offer You additional information and opportunities.
We collect Personal Information that You submit to us voluntarily through our Websites and Your use of our products and services. We may collect Anonymous Information passively or actively. The types of Personal Information and Anonymous Information we collect are:
• If You set up a "PetroSight" account, we will collect Your contact details such as name, postal address, gender, email address and country as well as, the information You provide us in order to receive published information of Your preference.
• If You buy products or services from our website, we will collect Your full name, the name of Your company (if applicable), Your postal address (for shipping and billing purposes), e-mail, phone number, and all the information we need to process Your payment of the purchase amount and the fulfilment of Your purchase and/or subscription, such as a bank account number or a credit card number or purchase order number.
• If You request customer support services for PetroSight products and/or services, we will collect Personal Information to enable us to provide customer support services to You, including Your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and contact preferences. We will also collect other information about the PetroSight products You purchase, such as the order numbers, date of purchase and information related to a support or service issue, some of which might include Personal Information.
• By using a bulletin board or a chat room at our Websites, You should be aware that You are sharing all information You post on such bulletin boards or chat rooms with other users, including any Personal Information that You may choose to share, which shall become public information. Please choose the information that You share carefully. PetroSight has no control over and is not responsible for anyone's use, misuse, collection or disclosure of information You provide on a bulletin board or in a chat room by any third party. The information presented on bulletin boards and in chat rooms reflects the views of the individual users.
• By joining any PetroSight online community, PetroSight will collect Personal Information like Your email address and any such information You will voluntarily provide to PetroSight. This Personal Information is used for the purpose for which You provide it to PetroSight.
• PetroSight may collect Personal Information through surveys for market research purposes to gain a better understanding of our customers, to improve our products and services, and to develop new products and services. The information we collect in such instances depends on the survey, but might include Your name, address, age, information about Your use of our services and products and the like.
• If You send us an email to apply for a position with PetroSight, we will collect Your email address and the full content of Your email, included attached files, such as resumes, and other information necessary to process Your application.
You represent, warrant and covenant that any Personal Information that You supply to PetroSight is true, complete and accurate in all respects. You agree to notify PetroSight immediately of any changes to Your Personal Information via our Websites.
How does PetroSight processes Personal Information and Anonymous Information?
• PetroSight uses Personal Information to contact You via mail, via email or phone to inform You of our (new) products and/or services, promotions we may offer, to submit a customer survey and any other marketing activity. PetroSight is entitled to contract third parties to perform its direct marketing activities. PetroSight may use Your Personal Information to conduct market research, to improve our products and/or services, to provide more responsive customer service and to improve our Website and related Communication Channels, products and services.
• PetroSight also uses Personal Information to contact You, always on an "opt-in" basis, via mail, email address or phone to inform You of product and services of our carefully selected partners.
• PetroSight may create Anonymous Information records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as Your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to You. We may use this Anonymous Information to analyse usage patterns, to improve all our services, to develop new services and reserve the right to use and disclose Anonymous Information to third parties in its discretion.
• We may also use Personal Information to resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems or to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our terms and conditions.
We may disclose Personal Information to respond to legal requirements, to enforce our policies, to respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or to protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. Such Personal Information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also share Your Personal Information with:
• Members of PetroSight trusted complainant programme when we in our sole discretion believe such disclosure is reasonably necessary or appropriate in connection with an intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity. In such events, we will disclose name, street address, city, province/state, postal/zip code, country, phone number, email address and company name.
• Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, province/state, postal/zip code, telephone number, email address, user account history and IP address.
• Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect Your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from malicious intent, we will not otherwise disclose Your Personal Information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without an official request, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of Personal Information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Please note that if You access our Website from a shared computer or a public computer, such as one in an internet cafe, certain information about You, such as Your user account, may be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you.
In the event that PetroSight Inc. undergoes a change of control or is sold or transferred, or in the event that substantially all of its assets are sold or transferred to a third party, PetroSight’s website, products and services, and any personally identifiable information collected by PetroSight, will be among the transferred assets. By using our Website, products and/or services, You hereby agree and consent to such transfer or assignment of Your Personal Information collected by PetroSight or to a change of control of PetroSight, and You further waive any claims that could be made against us in relation thereto.
We do not intentionally gather Personal Information about visitors who are under the age of 18. If You believe that we have collected Personal Information about a visitor who is under the age of 18, please contact Us at www.PetroSight.com/contact-us Personal Information will be deleted.
We recognize our responsibility to protect the Personal Information You entrust to us. We take precautions including administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard Your Personal Information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However We cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information and PetroSight cannot be held liable for any unauthorised access or use of the data You have supplied to Us.
You can also take precautions to protect Your Personal Information when You are on the Internet. Change Your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure You use a secure Internet browser.